Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Actor's Visual Memory w/ FOV is Functioning

http://www.geocities.com/muertal/Muert_alpha_04_a_01.zip

I have been trying to get my dumb actors to remember insetad of Memento'ing around the whole time. I have also been wanting to display each of my tiles from a generated list of "things-in-view-at-the-moment" - as opposed to the way I was doing it, where I check each tile for whatever is visible on it at the moment. (Instead of saying 'print tile # 5, 12, 2623, 25 & 21 at (x,y)', I was doing 'display tile at (x,y), is there a map feature set? display it, is there an actor present? display it........')

This also made it move a nice bit faster when I have huge amounts of tiles displayed on the screen, but storing each tile into the actor's memory takes a little bit of time, so it is not as much of an increase as I would have got if I just did the display list of tiles.

Now you can walk around the world and recognize places you have seen before (in the local map view - the region map view is going to be handled a little bit differently once I fix the regionmap FOV).

After many bugs & stupid uninitialized containers I have got everything in what appears to be working order. Plus I think I can adapt all of this memory business to my region/ local loading routines and keep more than 4 of each in memory at a time. But that is at the back of the list at the moment.
http://www.geocities.com/muertal/Muert_alpha_04_a_01.zip













No comments:

Post a Comment